Thursday, November 18, 2010

Catching up...

Oh man, it's been forever! I've missed blogging, but have been learning a new job, and have been absolutely drained at night. I'm finally coming around now, though, so I'll try to play a quick catch up here!
Halloween was wonderful, as usual. It is one of my favorite holidays, if not THE favorite. I think it's because I enjoy playing dress up, and sweets, and scary movies:) Drew went through his whole bag of candy in like, a week and a half (yikes)...though we did help him. He also consumed some paper since he ate through some of the wrappings. My brother turned 30. Geesh, I feel old now. That's my LITTLE brother. His wife threw him a surprise party, with just family, and it was a really good time, and really sweet of her to do that for him. He recently started a new job at Prairie Farms, so support them-and drink your milk, folks! It's a great oppurtunity as far as benefits and pay, but it is also very stressful right now, and he has to work some awfully strange hours. In the last month Jason and I have enjoyed TWO dates, enjoying a Pacer game and a Purdue game, both of which we lost, but it was still a fabulous time. I have now been at my new job for almost three months. It has gone so fast! I am a case manager for hospice. Our branch is out of Muncie, but Southern Care is a fairly large corporation, with offices in several different states, and several cities in Indiana. So far, I enjoy it very much, other than the on -call nights. I have one on call night a week, and then one weekend every four weeks, but we are about to hire two more nurses, which will end up giving me only five on call nights a month-yay! I love what I do for the patients and families, and feel priveleged to be a part of their care, and their passing. Right now I manage care for fifteen patients, and I make visits to them every week. My job involves quite a lot of hands on care, which I love, and also a lot of paperwork, which is so-so. I was recently asked to take part in our churches Christmas Eve production, so practice for that will begin very soon. I'm looking forward to it!
Drew is just growing and changing as fast as ever. He climbs and jumps off of nearly everything in the house, and he repeats about half of what we say. He is absolutely hilarious. His favorite thing is to "ride ride ride in the truck!" (He likes to stand in the seat and pretend to drive.)
The paperwork for the selling of our house is being finished this week, and we hope to have the for sale sign in the yard by the following week. I am praying that God sends us the perfect buyer, and soon!


Here are a few recent pics I snapped when Drew was being impish. Enjoy!

0 comments: