Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Special Easter


This year was a very special Easter! Of course, we all know Easter is special anyway, as it reminds us of the hope we have in the resurrection of Christ. This year we were able to celebrate that hope with some of my extended family in Illinois. We spent the weekend at my Grandma and Poppy Webbs' house, and also got to be with my dad, aunt, and some of my cousins. We spent Saturday evening at the park across the street from my grandparents' house (the same park I played at as a child), and attended church in Geneseo on Sunday. Drew had an excellent time picking through his first Easter basket, and sharing M&Ms with his cousin, Joanna. We also visited the John Deere grounds, which are beautiful, and Drew enjoyed feeding the giant fish they have there! He got to take a ride on Poppy's tractor, which was great since tractors are his favorite right now. Jason also got to discover something new on Monday, when he was treated to a Maid Rite hamburger...they are the BEST! (We need one around here.) It was a really good time, and we enjoyed looking through pictures with my grandparents and reminiscing. It's been too long since I've been there! We plan to take another trip there soon, hopefully in the Fall. Thank you Grandma and Poppy for a wonderful time! We love you.

1 comments:

Robin said...

He had never had a Maid Rite?! We lived in Iowa before we moved here and we loved going to the Maid Rite shop in the small town we lived in! I have an ex coworker that has an awesome recipe for them and it tasted just like them...I can get it for you if you want!