Sunday, February 14, 2010

Uninsured? Not necessarily.

Last Friday we recieved the message that Jason's job would be making some financial cuts right now, due to the economy and the slow business in winter. The cut actually consisted of his company dropping the dependants from his insurance, meaning that Drew and I would no longer have Jason's insurance, though Jason, himself, would still have it. Now I should be done with school in three months, and most nursing jobs only require you to work thirty hours a week to have benefits. So either I will carry Drew and I, or Jason's job may quite possibly reinstate the benefits as business picks up this Spring. However, in the meantime we have to try to find a new plan for Drew and myself, and pay out of pocket for it. This seemed like such a scary idea- trying to find new insurance, or possibly going several months with no coverage. At first I was quite disheartened to hear this news, and felt like it was another of many hurdles we have had over the last year, since I've been in school full time. It was not long, though, before a peace came over me, and I realized that I already have full coverage insurance, which I have had all along. My Yahweh, my King, and my Father- has covered me. All the things that are to come, selling our house, finding a new one, getting the right job, illnesses, and finances- He has already covered all of them. Though I don't understand everything that He does or does not do, I know that my God is trustworthy, so to worry is in vain. I have the best kind of insurance, and it has been proven, time and time again, as He always takes care of us. I just have to keep reminding myself of the truth! :) If He cares for and feeds the smallest of things, the flowers, the fish, and the birds, then I have the promise that He will care for me, too!

1 comments:

bigtea said...

What a wonder He is doing in you!

How beautiful to watch it happen... like watching a flower bloom in slow motion... or a cocoon give birth to a butterfly... or a baby born...

He really is giving you abundant new life.