Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sometimes God says "Yes"

Remember the top picture? What a hopeful, blessed, exciting summer we had last year! Words could never express how extremely thankful I was, and how fearful I was, too. I knew I was blessed to be carrying this child, but I also began to wonder if the baby would be healthy, and would make it successfully into the world. Sure enough, he made it just fine, and boy, was his entrance a memorable one! Here he is sitting in the same spot where I stood last summer. As my mother always says, "If only you could have seen this picture then, when you were so miserable!" I also thought God would have mercy on me and send me a girl. I wondered if I would ever know what to do with a little boy. It's funny how God knows EXACTLY what we need and when we are ready for it. He already knew how much I would love this little guy, and how much healing would come from our relationship. God did two awesome things at one time. I can't imagine Drew being a girl! He's much too manly!         I will wait on the Lord...And I will hope in Him. Here am I and the children whom the Lord has given me! Isaiah 8:17-18.    Oh Lord, You are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

0 comments: